[clue-tech] Mini-itx and pico-itx

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 18:55:22 MST 2008

For solid state drives, there are adapters such that
you can use compact flash cards.  Many mini-ITX builds
go this route.  And of course any modern motherboard
should have USB-boot capability.

Another interesting distribution to look at is Devil
Linux.  You can set a box up to run off a CD so that
the entire file system is read-only.

A quicker option may be to simply get an off-the-shelf
mini-PC and replace the OS, for example the Zonbu
Desktop Mini. (http://www.zonbu.com/)

http://damnsmalllinux.org/store/Mini_ITX_Systems/Mini_ITX_BareBones_Computer