[clue-tech] routing / load-balancing help

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Jul 1 08:13:09 MDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:25 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> I have three DSL lines, three DSL brouters, two full servers, and miscellaneous ethernet
> gear.  What is the most manly and effective way to get fully load-balanced redundancy
> here?  Feel free to direct me to a man page, or any jumping-off point.  Ideally, I want
> logging, auditing, and filtering of every byte the firewalls pass.

Do you want to load balance incoming traffic or outgoing traffic?  And
is it traffic of a particular nature?  Like, I know there are lots of
packages for load balancing http requests using something like
HAProxy.

If you want to load balance your traffic as it heads out to the world
I don't really know of a good manly way.  The Meraki network routers
include load balancing but that's more "credit card" than "manly".

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison