[clue-tech] Linux & NTFS

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Jun 4 10:41:45 MDT 2008

I know this topic has been beaten to death over the years - but I'm
planning on doing most of my new development work for websites using
CentOS 5.1 x64 now.  I'll be using Eclipse and SVN, so I don't have a
single need for windows for this project. The issue I have is that on the
same machine, I have windows Vista installed.  I have a lot of code in one
place on a disk inside the machine. Rather than have two copies, I'd
prefer to work from the one location at all times.  Sure, I can keep the
code on a network share somewhere... but that would slow me up a bit.

So, my question is - has NTFS ever really been stable under Linux since
the whole issue of the code being stolen, and then ripped back out of the
kernel years ago? If I'm going to devote a lot of time to setting this up
and then relying on it to work and be stable, I'd like to hear from some
of you first.