[clue-tech] Need a quick IPTABLES line

Thu Jun 12 22:46:09 MDT 2008

the actual command is:

> iptables -A INPUT -p all -s 77.41.40.000/255.255.248.0 -j DROP
>
> Defaults to the FILTER table, and DROP is a target, not the name of the
> chain where the rule goes. And now looks like this:
>
> $ sudo /sbin/iptables --list
> Password:
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> DROP       all  --  host-77-41-40-0.qwerty.ru/21  anywhere

Don't regard me as authoritative, but I believe everything is correct, though FWIW, I
don't think you need the "-p all", you can specify the subnet in CIDR notation, and drop
the extra 0's to get:

iptables -A INPUT -s 77.41.40.0/21 -j DROP

Dave Anselmi or someone else of equally deific intelligence level will validate.  :-)

-- David