[clue-tech] Need a quick IPTABLES line

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Thu Jun 12 22:59:04 MDT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:46:09 -0600
David L. Willson wrote:

> Don't regard me as authoritative, but I believe everything is correct,
> though FWIW, I don't think you need the "-p all",

Well, I like to be thorough. I even started out by specifying "-t
FILTER", except that I got an error about a missing kernel module, which
is strange, since that's the default table, and I get no errors when
letting it default.

> you can specify the
> subnet in CIDR notation, and drop the extra 0's to get:
>
> iptables -A INPUT -s 77.41.40.0/21 -j DROP

At some point, if I wind up messing with it enough, I'll probably get to
where I remember some of that sort of stuff.

> Dave Anselmi or someone else of equally deific intelligence level will
> validate.  :-)

He's just lucky I don't have his phone number. (Hmmm, actually, I think I
might.) :)

Thanks.
jed