Debian rocks [was Re: [clue-tech] HP 2133 netbook]

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Jun 13 21:06:49 MDT 2008

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> OS is Suse or Windows.

Suse, ugh.  My new job is a step up from my old in that I get a RHEL 4
box to work on (which is *great* compared to Solaris 8 or Windows).  But
I have to build software for RHEL 4.  It doesn't come with yum or any
other sane DIY repository system.

I shouldn't complain because we're decades ahead of my old project.  But
dang Debian has spoiled me.  Everyone wants an OS that comes with
"support" but we're a development shop so we're into a lot of DIY.  And
especially in a non-Internet environment, support means very little.