Debian rocks [was Re: [clue-tech] HP 2133 netbook]

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:52:23 MDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:41 AM,  <dennisjperkins at comcast.net> wrote:
> I hate its management tool, YAST.

Yup. For many years.

> RHEL doesn't use yum?  Why not?

See my previous post. RHEL4 which is old and moldy doesn't use yum.
RHEL5 does. I think the latest Fedora is moving on to
yet-another-freakin-installer-package. I think it took the enterprise
developers a while to fold yum into their
I've-got-the-updates-you-can-too-if-you-pay-up process.

--
Collins Richey