[clue-tech] mount second hard drive

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Tue Jun 24 23:28:58 MDT 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:33:40 -0600
Bob Meetin wrote:

> so I found an old drive with
> redhat 9 and am able to boot up fine.

After re-reading the thread, I agree with Dave A. If your current drive
is RH9, and is an old drive, it sounds as if you don't care about it at
all, just your main drive, which is now drive #2.

Get a modern distribution. Doesn't matter if you use a Live CD, or just
install something recent onto your "old" drive -- the one you're
currently booting from. If you decide to install a recent distribution,
and want to be ultra-careful, then disconnect your #2 drive, and then
just install over the top of RH9 on the old drive. I think the Live CD
will be the easiest though.

The main thing, I think, is to make it easy for the LVM types on the list
to help you. I don't know LVM, but from what Keith and Dave posted, it
sounds like it won't be like pulling teeth, once you have modern tools.

jed