[clue-tech] mount second hard drive

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Jun 25 07:44:55 MDT 2008

Let me rephrase the description, I'm not s/a technically inclined.  I
can get around the file system fine, used to do desktop support for Sun
(UNIX) most of 2 decades back, but that's not what I do best.  I do web
development and am close to in love with v.i. (David is cringing and I'm
giggling).  Using cPanel interfaces to run SQL commands  is torturous.
Thirst is a matter of willpower and perspective.  Yeah I owe him a tall
cold one or two and a burrito; he knows and I know.

I have a new generic no OS PC on order, perhaps a week or so away and
will be more liberal when it arrives.  This particular PC is this side
of a dinosaur, but has been faithful since its birth 2 ice ages back.
In the mean time I'll grab what I need off the 'duron' and rh9 drive.

What I am sort of hearing is that the problem we have 2 different linux
flavors that don't mix well perhaps because one is old or that we don't
have compatible tools.  Working from the command line for me is
convenience and yes, patience is in the mix as is distraction.  I'll sit
tight for a week.  Actually I do care about the RH9 drive and I don't
want to reinstall over it. David suggested long ago that I need a new
Linux box - it is coming to pass.

And yes again I appreciate the suggestions. -B