[clue-tech] Everex mini PC

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Mar 3 14:34:35 MST 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 19:56 +0000, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> This might be interesting to some people looking for a small machine.
>
> http://insanityville.com/journal.php?sxEntryID=3

Pretty cool.  No MPEG hw decoding, but it's got a superior relative of
my Intel 915GM video on my Acer Laptop, and runs at a higher CPU speed
with Dual Core (my laptop just has a Pentium M).  Since my laptop has no
problem decoding video streams from MythTV, I'd say this would make a
reasonable front end.  Probably costs a lot less than the components I
bought to build my own (though building it was a little more fun).
Audio out is kind of limited.  I wonder if Linux supports USB audio
hardware?

No expansion slot that I can see so I guess a wireless front end would
have to be done with a wireless bridge.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org