[clue-tech] Re: Samba, masks and forcing groups

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Wed Mar 12 06:49:55 MDT 2008

Folks,

I'm sorry; I'm not sure what happened.

My question is how to set the masks in samba so that user and groups have full permissions.  And related to that, when I make changes, what is the proper way to make the new settings current.

Basically, I have tried to set permission masks set to 770 for user and groups.  I also have "force groups winusers".  When I check on the Linux side, I see that the permissions are set to samba owner only, and the group is the owner name as well (not winusers).

So far, I've been restarting samba through /etc/init.d.  Is there a more appropriate method?

I'll copy and paste the appropriate smb.config lines this evening.

Adrian

--
Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org ~ http://www.naglenet.org/