[clue-tech] 32 ~and~ 64?

Wed Mar 12 13:12:46 MDT 2008

Y'know what I'd ~really~ like?  I'd like to run Linux i386 sometimes, and Linux AMD64
sometimes.  There are some really important apps (games, of course) that I just can't
run right in 64-bits...  What is the most sharing I can do between the two?  I think
they could share /home partitions, and probably /etc as long as I'm using the same
version of the same distro...  What else could I share between the two?  /var?  /usr?

Is there a memory cap of "slightly less than 4GB" on Linux i386?  Not that that'll
affect me right off the bat, but it's nice to know anyway.

David L. Willson
Trainer/Engineer/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
(720) 333-LANS