[clue-tech] Installing new router, getting printer to work

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Sat Nov 1 15:35:53 MDT 2008

I'm installing a new router and as a result, I need to update my printer's IP address.  The printer does not work.

I have:
192.168.0.1 - DSL Modem/router
192.168.0.4 - linux server with CUPS
192.168.24.1 - new router (used to be a Linksys switch)
192.168.24.100 - normally the DHCP address for my wireless laptop

I've set my printer to a static address of 192.168.6 (used to be 192.168.0.6).  The netmask for new router and printer is 255.255.255.0.

I go to CUPS and updated the new IP address and hopefully selected the correct driver.  I try to print a test page from CUPS, and nothing happens.  From my laptop (192.168.24.100) I can successfully ping everything including the printer.  However, from my server 192.168.0.4, I can't ping the new router and printer and laptop.  I can successfully access the internet.

I don't think there is anything to update in my samba server.

What am I missing in getting my new router installed on my network correctly?  Do I need to change a netmask somewhere?

Thank you.

Adrian

Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org