[clue-tech] "rewindable" drive?

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 16:11:03 MST 2008

How much storage space are you talking about? It seems to me that the
solution would involve the threshold of dataloss tolerence on the master (which we assume at some point will be compromised), resource necessary to store the snapshots and diffing between a known last good state and newly suspect snapshot. It seems that the time between snapshots, time for creating an image, and time for discovering suspicious diffs would be in a delicate balance ... or have I totally missed what the underlying problem is? (I don't think I missed that the original question was ... Does there exist a product that that solves your problem out of the box ...) Got me to thinking about a poor man's rig ... one of my favorite hobbies:)

-Mike