[clue-tech] RTL languages? (arabic) in Linux

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Thu Nov 27 12:04:46 MST 2008

On Thursday 27 November 2008 01:26:03 pm Dave Maddox wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Happy Thanksgiving all. I'm just casting about to see if anyone has
> tried any right-to-left languages on Linux, like Arabic or Hebrew. I'm a
> languages nut and now that's part of my job description, so I'm giving
> it a try on my Linux box. I've heard that Windows XP can get mighty
> confused when you install Arabic support, hopefully Linux is a little
> better. I'm looking for tips, apps to try (especially word processing),
> package information, and maybe sympathy. ;-)
>
> I've already been using Asian, Eastern European and Western European
> languages, so if anyone want to talk about that, I'm game as well.

I don't use any,  but did correspond a little bit with a guy (Dotan Cohen) who
I ran into in the kdepim-users list who happens to have a bit of stuff in his
sig that's apparently Hebrew.  It came to my notice because when I
replied-with-quotes to one of his messages,  the angle bracket was over on
the right side and facing the other way along with those particular
characters!

I was impressed.  :-)

-
M Dakin