[clue-tech] RTL languages? (arabic) in Linux

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Thu Nov 27 10:44:14 MST 2008

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Dave Maddox wrote:

> box. I've heard that Windows XP can get mighty confused when you install
> Arabic support, hopefully Linux is a little better. I'm looking for tips,
> apps to try (especially word processing), package information, and maybe
> sympathy. ;-)

You probably want to install "Yudit", a UTF-8 text editor at the very least.
It's not so great as a pure "text editor", but it's aware of the weird
Unicode "start-right-to-left" and "push left-to-right" and so forth.  It
does have some oddities, but it shows you things that other editors just
plain hide from you.

yudit.org seems like its present website.