[clue-tech] RTL languages? (arabic) in Linux

Dave Maddox softwareanddesign at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 11:26:03 MST 2008

Hi!

Happy Thanksgiving all. I'm just casting about to see if anyone has
tried any right-to-left languages on Linux, like Arabic or Hebrew. I'm a
languages nut and now that's part of my job description, so I'm giving
it a try on my Linux box. I've heard that Windows XP can get mighty
confused when you install Arabic support, hopefully Linux is a little
better. I'm looking for tips, apps to try (especially word processing),
package information, and maybe sympathy. ;-)

I've already been using Asian, Eastern European and Western European
languages, so if anyone want to talk about that, I'm game as well.

Off to give thanks... take care!