[clue-tech] mail problem

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Oct 1 07:36:53 MDT 2008

This is a mail problem one of my clients is experiencing after switching
from cbeyond to integra.  Point me to another forum/list if the shoe
doesn't fit:

One of my clients switched from cbeyond to another provider, integra and
just
like that lost email notifications coming from their ecommerce site.
The site is hosted by rackforce.  I have access to the plesk control
panel and
shell access to the site.   I ought to be able to do command line mail
be doing:

mail bobm at dottedi.biz <cr>  etc...

This fails with no obvious error; I tried doing mail -v to see a verbose
output but apparently wrong argument.

I also made up a very simple php file which when accessed should send me
a test message.  It also fails, something like:

<?php
$message = "Email body/contents";
$subject = "Test of php email script";
$to = "bobm at dottedi.biz";
$from = "From: admin at wherever.com";
mail ($to, $subject, $body, $from);
?>

No dice of course.  Finally within zen-cart itself I found the
configuration item for the mail server which was originally set to
"mail.west.cbeyond.com" and changed it to: "smtp.integra.net" and the
dice remain silent.

I also tried upon someone else's suggestion from a shell logged into the
defendant:

-sh-2.05b$         telnet smtp.integra.net 25
Trying 204.130.255.5...
Connected to smtp.integra.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.integraonline.com ESMTP
helo whatever.com
250 mail.integraonline.com
HELO whatever.com
250 mail.integraonline.com
RCPT TO: bobm at dottedi.biz
503 MAIL first (#5.5.1)
mail from: bobm at whatever.com
250 ok
rcpt to: bobm at dottedi.biz
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

UPPER/lower case does not seem to matter.

Any  suggestions?  As I have access to Plesk, is there anything in the
control
panel that needs to be changed that might still be referencing cbeyond?