[clue-tech] Leafnode, Comcast & newsgroups

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 15:19:35 MDT 2008

So I finally had bothered to set up leafnode + Emacs and was happily reading
netnews. And then Comcast announced they are cancelling free newsgroup
access - from now on, customers are suggested to use Giganews or similar.

And as I'm about happy about that as one might guess. :/ Comcast is hardly
the only one doing this - I think this is one more nail in the coffin of a
peer-to-peer style Internet, but I'll leave that sort of discussion for
clue-talk, I guess.

I rarely actually post, do mostly read-only, and don't use the binaries. Can
anyone recommend a good open news server that would work well with leafnode?

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com
We'll cross out that bridge when we come back to it later.