Fwd: [clue-tech] DSL modem issue?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Oct 13 19:38:20 MDT 2008

Gus Calabrese wrote:

> I used a Cisco 678 modem for Qwest DSL purposes for over 5 years with no
> problems requiring reset.  I ran VOIP very successfully.  Used 678
> modems can be obtained cheaply and in fact I would be willing to loan
> you one to try out.

Yep.  I was lucky enough to get a 678 when I got DSL and it still works.
  Even when the power flakes out and wedges the wireless router the 678
just chugs along.

But you should also look for firmware upgrades to your modem.  That's
worth a try.

Is there a way to log into your modem and reboot it?  Most seem to have
that.  When it needs a reboot are you still able to log into it?