Fwd: [clue-tech] DSL modem issue?

F.L. Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Mon Oct 13 20:59:06 MDT 2008

I also prefer the Cisco 678.  Quite a few listed on eBay.  They do fail
occasionally, but not as often as the various Actiontecs.  I like the
four subnet capability for my personal uses.  That said, the C678 may
not work well on some remote terminals.  In one case, all I could get
was 32K inbound with the Cisco and a new Actiontec did the subscribed
256k and the service has since been updated to 1.5mbps.  That's the one
time I've seen that and I tried two C678's.

The Actiontecs eventually quit trying to retrain/reconnect without a
reboot, but the Ciscos are very persistent in case of an interruption.

Frank Whiteley