Fwd: [clue-tech] DSL modem issue?

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Tue Oct 14 07:51:43 MDT 2008

Dave Anselmi suggested:
> But you should also look for firmware upgrades to your modem.  That's
> worth a try.

I tried updating the firmware.  It appeared to install correctly, but now I do not get internet service.  I can check the settings of the modem, but nothing looked incorrect.  I called Qwest to help work out the issue.  Apparently they do not see it connect to their server.  Since it is no longer a supported modem, I'm expecting a new modem tomorrow afternoon.  So hopefully that will work better than my current one.

I still don't think there is anything wrong with it, but I 'm not sure what the issue might be.  Another project for another time, I suppose. It would be nice to have a backup modem.

I appreciate the help here.

Adrian

 --
Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org ~ http://www.naglenet.org/