Fwd: [clue-tech] DSL modem issue?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Oct 16 12:22:56 MDT 2008

Mark G. Harvey wrote:
> 3 sites that offer a speed test ...
>
> http://www.broadbandreports.com/  > Tools > Speed Test > select flash or
> java based test
>
> http://speedtest.nethere.net/
>
> http://speedtest.knology.net/

www.speedtest.net if you have Flash works pretty good too...

I'm not going to seriously dogpile on the "anti-Qwest" sentiment, but
another great local ISP if you're more into small shops than giant
corporations, is of course... Front Range Internet, Inc.  (FRII)

I used them for years and years, but couldn't beat the fast "commercial"
speeds on a special contract with Comcast for a couple of years.  I'll
be shopping again after that, if Comcast doubles the rate to the normal
price for the commercial service... especially since "commercial" has
meant virtually nothing during outages, no reports or updates when
things go out... no special customer service.  It's pretty much a
residential circuit with static IP's, is all it is... not even an SLA.

Nate