[clue-tech] NAS solution

Patrick H. clue at feystorm.net
Fri Oct 31 13:27:51 MDT 2008

Does anyone know of any fast but not-so-expensive NAS solutions? My
company currently uses several EMC clariions for our storage, but theyre
getting extremely expensive.
I've looked at solutions such as OpenFiler, NexentaStor, and FreeNAS,
none of which are mature enough for our use. We need something that is
fast, stable, and supports over-tcp replication. All in all, we'll be
needing about 20TB or storage, but it can be split up into multiple
devices/whatever as it doesnt need to be a single 20TB filesystem.

Putting a solution together from scratch on linux is possible, but it'd
be nice to use something put together and proven reliable, as downtime
is EXTREMELY bad.