[clue-tech] SONY PCG-C1VPK and Sound

Peter Kuykendall peterkuykendall at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:04:34 MDT 2008

It was even worse than that.  The Sony ROOTKIT was distributed on music CDs under the Sony BMG label.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_rootkit

I'm with you; I'll never again buy anything from Sony or BMG.  I won't let their virus vectors (aka anything they make) into my machines, regardless of ownership.  I don't need the security headache.

It's kind of like flying Southwest Airlines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_airlines#Violations_of_safety_requirements).  Once the company management has admitted to deliberately endangering their customers for management's profit, why engage with them in any way?  For me the reward just isn't worth the risk, especially when they have viable competitors.

Pete