[clue-tech] interactive map of Linux and FOSS

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Sep 6 11:52:05 MDT 2008

On Sep 6, 2008, at 6:55 AM, Keith Hellman wrote:

> I agree with Nate.  To do something like that right, some type of
> mind mapping software should be used.  Even then, I think its
> usefulness
> is suspect.

I was thinking something more along the lines of an outline or
categories -- anything to give it some organization so you could find
what you were looking for.

Imagine designing a product and handing a customer that URL and
saying, "Here's the documentation.  Have fun!"  Those "word map"
things are goofy, IMHO.  It's all there "somewhere", but where?

Even stranger?  Quicken wants to put a similar tool into the next Mac
version of Quicken (not called Quicken anymore, I guess) to look at
categories of your personal finance.

Sounds horrible.  I hope it doesn't make it into the final product,
but it probably will.  It "looks cool" until you actually try to use
it, so I bet it gets into the final release, but... yuck.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com