[clue-tech] upstart

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Mon Sep 8 15:06:52 MDT 2008

I'd probably say, "Because upstart is nicer".

I've written a few things for upstart, and I've found it to be a lot
nicer to use it instead of init.  You can control things with it in a
more elegant way than with init.  Plus there's none of that scary "kill
-HUP init" when you wanna make changes :) (And yes, I know there's other
ways to do that.)

Take a look; hopefully the documentation is better than last time I
played with it (which admittedly was a while ago - Ubuntu Edgy, I think).

Adam