[clue-tech] upstart

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Sep 8 16:19:38 MDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 13:06 -0800, Adam Bultman wrote:
> Take a look; hopefully the documentation is better than last time I
> played with it (which admittedly was a while ago - Ubuntu Edgy, I think).

I did. I had to update my autostart for my MythTV backend.  I don't see
any great advantages or radical improvements to the basic philosophies
provided by SysVInit.  I'm not convinced.  It looks like distro's are
too bent on doing their own thing to maintain what already worked.

Upstart is an unnecessary evolution.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               Ximba End User Software
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.ximba.org