[clue-tech] upstart

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Sep 8 21:37:14 MDT 2008

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> You can't force volunteers to work on things you think are more
> important. If they are that important to you, why don't you hire some
> developers and have them work on those items?

That's the same as buying Sun boxes and getting Solaris for free,
almost... since you have to pay someone somewhere to write the code, in
the long-term, right?  :-)

Linux zealouts promise that Linux can do things "better" even though
it's all-volunteer.  I think the proof is in the pudding that it simply
CAN'T.

I don't have the kind of money it would take to "fix" Linux.
Shuttleworth does, and his results have been good, but not "astounding"
after millions of dollars poured into Ubuntu.

Nate