[clue-tech] fonts

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun Sep 14 18:08:06 MDT 2008

you sure that's not reversed, "purge aptitide", which would make sense
in windows.

so next questionable question.  how do i determine the package name to
remove?  if i cruise /usr/share/fonts/ there are 3 folders with
additional subcontents:

% ls *
truetype:
arphic      kochi       thai        ttf-bitstream-vera
ttf-indic-fonts-core
freefont  openoffice  ttf-arabeyes  ttf-dejavu        unfonts

type1:
gsfonts

X11:
100dpi    75dpi  encodings  misc    Type1  util
%

Then there is also 'xlsfonts | more' which gives another list and of
course if I open gimp or inkscape the names are once again changed to
protect the innocent.

The short answer???

-Bob

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!