[clue-tech] SFD 2008.

Michael S. Farnsworth mfarns at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 14:48:22 MDT 2008

On Sunday 14 September 2008 10:23:08 pm David L. Anselmi wrote:
> As usual if you're coming and want something/someone to be there, speak
> up now.  The louder you are the more you'll get what you want. :-)

I've finally managed to avoid conflicts on Installfest Day and am planning to
be there with a couple of issues to explore.

1. How the @#!$ to get ALSA/Jack/anything working to be able to do playback
with Noteedit or Rosegarden music notation. I've read and tried lots of
command line stuff and haven't figured it out to date. It looks like the card
in my laptop should be compatible but even the compatibility charts I find
moderately cryptic.

2. Why wireless periodically goes to sleep with SUSE 10.3. Has been working
without a hitch since 9.1 but suddenly started getting flakey with 10.3.
Stops randomly and for no apparent reason leaving me to reseat the wireless
card a few times to reengage. Goofy.

Looking forward to a good time whether anything gets solved or not.

msf