[clue-tech] SFD 2008.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Sep 18 21:15:43 MDT 2008

Michael S. Farnsworth wrote:
> 1. How the @#!$ to get ALSA/Jack/anything working to be able to do playback
> with Noteedit or Rosegarden music notation.

I don't know what those are, or much about sound.  (A long time ago I
put ALSA on an LFS system, so I learned it then and it worked well.  But
since then whatever Debian gave me only ever required tweaking the
volume on the speakers.)

> 2. Why wireless periodically goes to sleep with SUSE 10.3. Has been working
> without a hitch since 9.1 but suddenly started getting flakey with 10.3.
> Stops randomly and for no apparent reason leaving me to reseat the wireless
> card a few times to reengage. Goofy.

I can think of some logs to look at but if it's intermittent we might
not get it to happen.

Hopefully someone who's seen similar issues will be there too.