[clue-tech] Interesting sidux/smxi news

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Sep 19 22:41:02 MDT 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 5:11 PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> The next improvement will be to have all 3 (aptitude, synaptic, apt-
> get) keep their memory in the same place so you can switch between
> them.

Now THAT would be an improvement I could live with.

I think there's still some problems with the algorythms that decide
what gets installed and what doesn't when you compare how "suggests"
and "recommends" are handled by all three, but having them all share a
bit of a brain would be helpful with getting to a final solution that
unifies how package management is done.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com