[clue-tech] Interesting sidux/smxi news

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Sep 21 11:00:08 MDT 2008

Nate Duehr wrote:
> You're out to PLAY with Linux.  I'm out to be a professional sysadmin
>  and EVALUATE Linux along with other options out there for doing
> productive work with computers.

Yeah, so choose your poison.  All software sucks.  Even the most used
software sucks too much to be worth using.

Is that cynical enough for you, or do we have to resort to Godwin's law?

I've heard your position.  I understand it.  I can't solve the problem
(and it's largely not a problem for me) and you aren't giving me any
ideas to help me solve it.  On top of that I think that Freedom is the
most important part of software.  So can we keep the philosophy on CLUE
Talk?

(Hmm.  Maybe we need an alternative to Godwin where any mention of RMS
ends the thread.)

> and seeing how that group of people who LOVED Linux at RH 8/9 get
> utterly PISSED OFF at being forced into hardware upgrades, so they
> could keep getting reasonable security patches...

You can't claim that Linux requires hardware upgrades as fast as
Windows.  Be serious.