[clue-tech] Two things

Angelo Bertolli angelo.bertolli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:56:09 MDT 2009

foo7775 wrote:
>   Hi all, I'm hoping that I can "pick the collective/community brain"
> for just a second...
>
> First, I'm looking to set up a web site, & I'd like to request
> solutions for a good domain name registrar & a good hosting service.
> (Obviously I'd prefer a Linux environment.)  As far as the registrar
> goes, I have reasons that I'd prefer not to use GoDaddy and Dotster,
> but AFAIK any other U.S.-based group should be OK...

I use GoDaddy and Hostmonster/Bluehost.  Hostmonster is pretty darn
cheap, I paid less than $300 for 3 years of service, and so far it's
been quite acceptable.  It's shared hosting and you have to contact them
in order to get ssh access set up (if I remember correctly).  Otherwise,
they just give you cpanel.

Angelo