[clue-tech] Two things

foo7775 foo7775 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 09:40:02 MDT 2009

   Hi all, I'm hoping that I can "pick the collective/community brain"
for just a second...

First, I'm looking to set up a web site, & I'd like to request solutions
for a good domain name registrar & a good hosting service.  (Obviously
I'd prefer a Linux environment.)  As far as the registrar goes, I have
reasons that I'd prefer not to use GoDaddy and Dotster, but AFAIK any
other U.S.-based group should be OK...

Second, the 'Free hardware' thread got me to thinking - I have an idea
for a pretty basic system I'd like to build, but I need a hard drive.
If I wasn't looking for work at the moment, I'd just pick one up from
Micro Center (or where-ever), but I'm trying to keep costs to a minimum.
  If anyone has an IDE hard drive around 60 Gb or so that they could let
go fairly inexpensively, please contact me off-list.

Thanks all, I appreciate any help you can give.

T.