[clue-tech] Two things

Jeremy Slade jeremy at jkslade.net
Fri Apr 3 10:12:50 MDT 2009

I've been with Dreamhost for about 4 years, been very happy on the
whole.  I used to do registrations through registerfly.com, but use
Dreamhost for that as well now.

<$200 every two years for hosting, plus ~$10/year for each domain
registration.  Full ssh access, their own custom panel which is *lots*
better than cpanel.  phpMyAdmin for mysql, one-click installs and
various other goodies.  I host a couple of low-traffic rails-based sites
with them (shared hosting), and it works just fine.  Support has always
been responsive and very competent.

Only downside I've seen is response time.  I don't have hard data for
comparison, just seems slower than what I get visiting other sites.

Jeremy