[clue-tech] Where to purchase replacement laptop battery?

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Sat Apr 4 11:22:57 MDT 2009

On Saturday 04 April 2009 02:43:10 am Nate Duehr wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2009, at 11:39 PM, Brian Gibson wrote:
> > I'm was not impressed with B+ pricing the first and last time I
> > shopped there.  However they had what I needed when I needed it. YMMV
>
> That does seem to be their MO, which is pretty typical for brick-and-
> mortar stores these days...
>
> "We're not the cheapest, but we have it in stock, and you won't have
> to wait for it to be shipped to you."  If you find it online, and add
> shipping, it's rare to see much of a difference in the TOTAL price...
> especially on "commodity" type batteries.
>
> Get into laptop batteries though, and they're all different... no
> standards... things get "weird" then, just as the engineers planned.
> (GRIN)

The time I asked about one they gave me some stuff about how the online
batteries may have exceeded their shelf life,  and not work as well for me as
theirs would.  Of course their price was up around $100 while the online
prices I was looking at were in the 20s-30s...

> I get a kick out of hunting eBay for local sales that do silly stuff
> like price a typically $35 product at $5 with $39.95 shipping... and
> then sending them a note, "Will you allow local pick-up?"  I'm a
> bastard that way.

Heh.

> Sometimes they count it as one of the "risks" of how their silly
> scheme works, and they WILL let you stop by... other times they make
> claims like, "too difficult", "no time", etc.  LOL!

Last item I bought was 99 cents (no other bids,  either) and around $6 for
shipping.

-
M Dakin