[clue-tech] Limewire Private Network

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Apr 5 08:19:42 MDT 2009

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/03/the-new-version-of-p2p.ars

A friend and I tried this out a few weeks ago, and got nowhere. We both
have Jabber accounts, both forwarded every port we could think of might
help, and both, at one point, completely turned off all firewalling.
Bupkis. Neither of us could see the other's files.

So, anyone tried this out?

The "firewall" FAQ at limewire isn't quite helpful enough to provide
clear information such as "in order for this to work, you must open ports
n and n on your firewall", or anything like that. I have yet to read the
Gnutella technical docs -- hoping someone has already got this working.

If anyone wants to play around with it, contact me offline to trade
Jabber IDs.

jed