[clue-tech] case type

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 13:39:40 MDT 2009

On Saturday 11 April 2009 01:51:35 pm Collins Richey wrote:
> Here's a stupid question. How does one tell the form factor of a
> computer case (atx, or ...)? I have an old but still usable case with
> a dead motherboard, so how do I know what kind of replacement board
> would fit?

There are standards out there somewhere...

"Upgrading and Repairing PCs" is handy in this respect,  I think.  I pick up
an older copy from time to time,  at a local chain store that specializes in
liquidations and closeouts,  they get a lot of obsolete tech books but I
figure that since I'm working with a lot of older stuff anyhow it doesn't
matter much that the copy I'm spending $8-10 on rather than the $50 or so
price of a current one is a couple of years out of date.

I'd look in my copy for details but am not real sure where it is at the
moment.  :-)

-
M Dakin