[clue-tech] case type

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sat Apr 11 13:48:36 MDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 11:51 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> Here's a stupid question. How does one tell the form factor of a
> computer case (atx, or ...)? I have an old but still usable case with
> a dead motherboard, so how do I know what kind of replacement board
> would fit?

On some of the cases I've purchased the panel to which the motherboard
is attached has holes with letter/number markings.  Somewhere along one
edge of that panel is a legend for the type of motherboard that will fit
the holes.  Generic cases often have holes that will line up with more
than one type of motherboard.
--
Michael J. Hammel
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org / http://www.graphics-muse.org