[clue-tech] case type

Soleblaze solelist at skyshadows.net
Sat Apr 11 16:40:20 MDT 2009

Collins Richey wrote:
> Here's a stupid question. How does one tell the form factor of a
> computer case (atx, or ...)? I have an old but still usable case with
> a dead motherboard, so how do I know what kind of replacement board
> would fit?

 From what I remember the biggest difference between AT and ATX was that
AT power supplies had an actual button that would attach to the front of
the case, while ATX would use a wire that goes from the motherboard to
the button.

I'd probably measure the board and look it up.  If it looks like a
regular sized case, it's probably ATX.  Wikipedia is also your friend:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_computer_form_factors