[clue-tech] Note Software?

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Aug 21 17:43:51 MDT 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:34:05 -0400
Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> Since you are unlikely to get exactly what you want (and I can't think
> of something better to contribute anyway), let's see how a subversion
> respository filled with text files and directories meets these.

Well, that's an interesting suggestion. I wouldn't have thought of using
a VCS. It would certainly provide timestamping. Not sure about the
ability to use tags as sort of category identifiers -- CVS provides the
ability to use tags, but not in that way.

Initally, I can see things like auto-save being somewhat problematic, and
I think using a checkin-out process might slow things down a bit, but
maybe not terribly. However, I likely have to write the front end myself.
(As I said, I've thought about doing that anyway. But if something
already written fits, well ... I can be lazy too.)

jed