[clue-tech] Setting up an HP Officejet printer...

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Sat Aug 22 10:49:10 MDT 2009

I'm trying to set up a new HP6500 Officejet printer that is on the network.

The printer status shows it is on the network and http://192.168.0.7 accesses the printer web server.

I use my browser to access my CUPS server and click add printer.  After entering info data, I enter "netowrk via ipp" and get to the driver dialgu.  After selecting a printer driver, the browser hangs waiting for my server.  I don't recall this difficulty before.

Also, what packages do I download to get the latest drivers?  I just installed "hplip".  Are there packages to download if I want to add a printer directly from my KDE laptop?

Thank you.
Adrian

Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org