[clue-tech] Setting up an HP Officejet printer...

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Sat Aug 22 19:53:59 MDT 2009

> > I use my browser to access my CUPS server and click add printer.
> > After entering info data, I enter "netowrk via ipp" and get to the
> > driver dialgu.  After selecting a printer driver, the browser hangs
> > waiting for my server.  I don't recall this difficulty before.
>
> I don't know whether IPP is the right protocol.  You might read about the
> hp-makeuri command and see what it gives you for the URI, if you can figure out
> how to tell it what printer you have.

For hp-makeuri, I get:

hp:/net/Officejet_6500_E709n?ip=192.168.0.7

I'm wondering if somehow something is wrong with CUPS.  It just stalls when selecting the make of the printer.  I should get a new page with a list of HP drivers to select from.

I found some reviews online that state it was easy to install this printer for Linux.  I'm sure I can use a smilar print driver, until a newer one is available.

I'm looking for ideas why CUPS would hang waiting for a response from my server after selecting the make.  I don't want to uninstall and reinstall CUPS.  :)

Adrian

Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org