[clue-tech] Setting up an HP Officejet printer...

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Aug 23 18:30:41 MDT 2009

Adrian F. Nagle, IV wrote:
> I'm wondering if somehow something is wrong with CUPS.  It just
> stalls when selecting the make of the printer.  I should get a new
> page with a list of HP drivers to select from.

You may have logs in /var/log/cups that would help.  It sounds like
you're posting to the server and it isn't answering.  There might also
be something in /var/log (syslog, daemon, or messages) if the program is
crashing.

The URL is the same for the pages before the hang so it doesn't seem
like a permissions problem.  But it might be worth looking through the
config file.  Does the cupsd process keep running while it's hung?