[clue-tech] Setting up an HP Officejet printer...

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Sun Aug 23 15:30:51 MDT 2009

Looks like this model supports HP PCL 3.  IIRC there is a driver for
that specific language in CUPS either in the bundled drivers or via
foomatic.  Most HP network printers support multiple connection
protocols.   ipp is convenient when it is available,  also the
jet-direct on port 9100 is typical.   If the printer supports
postscript I usualy chose that from the generic model list.  Sometimes
I run an nmap on the local network just to see what ports things are
listening on.

YMMV
chris