[clue-tech] Database app needed

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Thu Dec 3 13:17:18 MST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:23 AM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> I have a customer that needs an app to track items and lots that they are storing for their customers.  Basically, they are a moving company that sometimes keeps items/lots for weeks or months or even years in their warehouse.  They want something that will bar-code (or RFID or whatever) the items/lots, and enough database to track check-ins, moves, and check-outs.  Also, they want to have pictures associated with each lot.
>
> Anyone aware of an application that maps closely to that?

Most of the bar code readers perform as keyboards so it's a matter of
setting up a simple single table database with a form and tabbing to
the right place  to make the entry.   It's not too hard to set up
something like this using the openoffice database tool.

As always the big issue are collecting requirements and modeling the
business processes.