[clue-tech] Looking for help on cross compiling for XScale-IXP4xx

David Williams dkwloki-clue at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 15:22:24 MST 2009

Want to setup a build environment for building apps for a modem/router.
Want to have the opportunity to build a couple of tools not present in the current environment.

I tried getting a cross compiler from Intel, but it does not explicitly support my board.
I can build the hello application and run it in the emulation environment supplied by the tool-kit.
When I scp file the to the remote modem, it won't run, gives an error like:
./helloworld.x: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

When I use scp to copy a file from the modem to my desktop, the cross building tools like 'size' seem to work on it, so I have a little confidence that the toolkit may be valid (or close to it) and that scp is not corrupting the files at least from the modem to desktop.

The toolkit is very old, 2003.
Any ideas where I can get a newer toolkit or should be looking for cross compiling tools in general?
I am trying to contact the modem manufacturer but so far not much guidance.

Thanks,
-David