[clue-tech] Sharing samba with libpam-mount?

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Mon Feb 2 05:47:43 MST 2009

----- Original Message ----
> From: David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>
> - (on the server) instead of using a link to /media/nagle_ext1, mount the drive
> at /srv/nagle_ext1 (this can be done regardless of where else the drive is
> mounted)
>
> Personally I'd go for the last.  There's no reason to use links instead of mount
> points in Linux and that allows you to use links correctly if you decide you
> need them for something else.

I made another fstab entry to mount the drive at /srv/nagle_ext1.  Going to the tty1 terminal, it works fine.  However, logging in to KDE, it does not work.  If I login at a terminal, KDE will see it, but not without logging in tty1 first.

I checked /etc/pam.d/kdm, and I load the module there
@include common-pammount

Is there somehow another place to put it?

Adrian
Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org